This week Pinterest launched a feature that lets businesses increase their visibility online and potentially boost their monthly viewers – It’s called ‘Account Claiming’. For those of you who use Pinterest avidly to promote your websites, you’re probably already aware of the existing ability to claim your website. Pinterest has now extended this to include Instagram, YouTube and Etsy accounts as well!
For the purpose of this blog post, we’re going to talk about how you can claim your Instagram account and auto-publish your Instagram posts to Pinterest as well, with the help of a scheduling tool like Viraltag.
Why should you claim your Instagram account?
- Linking your account can potentially increase your monthly viewers and help you maximize your reach on Pinterest.
- You get attribution for Pins originating from your Instagram account, i.e. your profile picture and a ‘Follow’ button shows up on these Pins.
- You have insight into metrics that come from your claimed Instagram account, under ‘Pinterest Analytics’ and ‘Pin Stats’
To learn more about how this feature can benefit your business, please visit this link.
How to cross post from Instagram to Pinterest, with Viraltag:
As a Pinterest Marketing Partner, Viraltag can help you take this feature one step further. Any posts you schedule to Instagram will also automatically be posted on Pinterest. This way you’re targeting your audience on both platforms, simultaneously and seamlessly!
Let’s take a look at how this works:
1. Claim your account on Pinterest
- Head over to Settings in your Pinterest Dashboard
- Scroll down to ‘Claim other Accounts’ and click on ‘Claim’ next to the Instagram account
- In the authorization window that pops up, confirm that you want to link your account
2. Schedule posts to Instagram from Viraltag
Schedule posts to your Instagram account from Viraltag, like you normally would. Click on the ‘+’ button, upload an image, add in a caption with hashtags and schedule them to go out at particular times/or add them to your queue.
3. Publish the post to Pinterest simultaneously
Once you finish scheduling the post, Viraltag will automatically bring up a pop-up that lets you cross-post this on Pinterest.
Select the board(s) you want to publish this on, and the post goes out to both Instagram and Pinterest when the scheduled time arrives.
4. Cross post your existing Instagram posts and get attribution
Adding your Instagram account as a feed on Viraltag lets you access all posts that have already been published on Instagram.
When you choose to schedule these posts to Pinterest, you’ll get attribution for Pins originating from your Instagram account. So when users choose to save your Pins, you get more credibility. You’ll see your profile picture with a ‘Follow’ button:
If you haven’t already tried this out, go ahead and link your Pinterest and Instagram account for more detailed analytics, a broader reach online and pin attribution! We’d love to know what you think about this feature. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below 🙂
Posts from partners
Director of Marketing at Viraltag Inc.