Pinterest has proven to be an excellent tool for driving traffic to your blog or website but unfortunately many users don’t yet know how to properly apply SEO tactics within Pinterest to drive the large volumes of traffic they are looking for.
Isn’t the whole point of having a website to attract visitors?
Prospective customers find you during their searches online by typing keywords into their search bars. You want your Pinterest page and or web page to come up on the first page of the organic search results.
According to Michael Lopp, head of engineering at Pinterest, claimed that the company was looking to redefine how consumers find goods online, according to Business Insider. “If you don’t have a keyword though, you’re out of luck and if you want to browse, search engines are the wrong tool. We call this the discovery problem. There’s a big opportunity to help people browse and discover ideas and projects before they’re ready for search phase.”
Lopp stated that there are 30 billion pinned posts on the social network with that number growing by an average of 25 per cent every quarter. With those kinds of numbers you want to do all you can as a business to rank high on Pinterest’s search engine.
Visual content marketing expert outlines 5 areas on a Pinterest page where you can apply your keywords and SEO tactics. The 5 areas are:
- The username that you choose has to include more than just your business name because most people will not search for you on Pinterest by your business or company name. Your username also has to include carefully selected keywords.
2) Profile Name
- Your profile name should include your business name or personal brand name. Make it a keyword conscious name to increase your Pinterest SEO.
3) Profile Description
- Describe what makes your company special & why they should follow you.
- Use keywords in each sentence to increase your Pinterest SEO.
4) Board Title Name
- Don’t try to be too clever or fancy. Think of how someone would search for what you have to offer. Remember that board names are indexed by Google too so you want to keep the board names obvious and simple.
5) Board Description
- You have up to 500 characters to use. So select several keywords carefully and use them throughout your board several times each to increase your Pinterest SEO.
Study these 5 keys one by one and apply them. Monitor your website traffic using Google analytics today before you apply these tips and then 30 days after you have applied all these tips and you will very likely see a difference in the amount of traffic Pinterest is sending to your website.
Posts from partners
Founder of Viraltag - Visual Content Marketing Platform. Passionate about helping Small Businesses succeed on Social Media.